Here I will show you how to install NS2 on Windows 7(32-bit | 64-bit):
Please go to below given link and download the three .rar files after that place these files into in a single folder.
- Now Extract the NS 2.35.part1 only.It will extract the part2 an part3 automatically.
- Extract after complete download
- Don’t Extract the part2 and part3
- After extraction you’ll get a folder named NS 2.35
- Inside this folder you get cygwin setup , .bashrc etc..
- Now install the setup. Choose install from local directory
- Press Next
- Don’t change the default Root Directory
- In Local Package Rpository field browse to: NS 2.35/nslocal/release
- Click Next
- Click on the Circle
- After clicking the circle the default turn to install
- After this press Next it will install the necessary packages for NS2
- check create a desktop shortcut and start menu shortcut
- Then installation finished.:)p
- Now you are halfway done !!!
- Now create a folder Named Noureddine inside the C:\cygwin\home
- Now copy the ns-allinone-2.35-RC7avecxgraph.rar and Extract there. You’ll get ns-allinone-2.35-RC7 folder.
- Now cpoy the .bashrc file from the downloaded Extract folder
- Now go to the “C:\cygwin\home\user” folder and replace(i.e paste) the .bashrc file that you copied.
- Now open the Cygwin command window which is on your desktop and type source .bashrc
- Now type ns “$” change to “%”
- Now type ns-version it will show like:
- Now press exit.
- Now type startxwin you’ll get a new window.
- Now type nam you will get a screen.
- Now go to file and quit the nam window
- Now hold the main tab and drag your mouse to quit from Cygwin window(the white window)
- And exit from ‘cygwin command’ window (type exit)
- go to Task manager (Alt+Ctrl+Del) and goto process tab and search for XWin.exe
- End process